Posts Tagged ‘quote’
Not a day goes by without an email from a curious customer who wants to know if we can make a specific cake design. It could be anything from a child’s birthday theme like Dora the Explorer, or even a cut-out crown-shaped cake for their little Princess to a full scale castle complete with moat and drawbridge. Or what about the customer who wants baby blocks for a shower cake? And they send photos! Some photos are “DIY” people who dabble in cake decorating as a hobby. However, some are photos from cake stores in New York, Las Vegas and Baltimore asking…can we do that?
The only limits for your cake design from Party Cakes are your imagination and your budget. Some designs can only be constructed or created by using fondant icing. Yet others can be made with sculpted butter cream icing. It all depends on what you want and what you are willing to pay for. Some 3-D cakes are limited in size due to the cakes we will use to create the design. For example, we recently created a 3-D Yoda for a groom’s cake. His whole body was made from four eight inch cakes, stacked and supported like a wedding cake. But Yoda’s head was made from rice krispie treats, molded and covered with fondant icing.
When a customer writes to us about their design concerns, they need to include the following answers to the following questions:
1. When is the party? The more complicated the design, the more time we will need to prepare. If you need it tomorrow, please pick up the phone and call us!
2. How many guests are you serving? We may have a great design for a two tiered cake but you may only need to serve ten people.
3. What is your budget? Please be realistic. If you want a tennis shoe shaped cake, don’t be surprised when we quote $400 for the work.
4. What is your theme, child or adult? If the party is weeks or months away, we strongly urge you to come into the store and view our photo books for some ideas. If you keep an open mind, we will design your cake based your needs and theme.
5. Please send your name and phone number with the email! If this cake is urgently needed within five days, we would rather speak with you personally so that we get all the details and quote you a price immediately.
Because Party Cakes is a custom-design specialty cake store, every cake is baked and decorated specifically for each customer. No cookie-cutter designs here…unless you want 25 cakes to all look the same. The Cake Lady bakes, makes icing, cleans and decorates every day and does not sit at the computer waiting for emails to appear on her screen. If a customer needs an answer immediately about a specific design, they are strongly urged to call for a phone consultation.
Yes, we can do that! Call Party Cakes, Inc. at 248-541-CAKE (2253) today. Business hours are Monday through Thursday, 11 am to 5 pm, Fridays from 11 am to 6 pm and Saturdays from 9 am to 1 pm. We look forward to speaking with you and “serving” your cake needs.